Monday, May 15, 2017

Butterfly & Peacock Feathers

Hey there crafty friends! Today I'm sharing two cards that I made over the weekend. The first one is my mom's Mother's Day card (I couldn't share it before now!). The second is a card I made using a beautiful peacock feathers tissue paper and a butterfly die cut.


The base for my mom's Mother's Day card is Stampin' Up! Old Olive cardstock. The second layer is an old piece of Stampin' Up! decorative paper that's I've had in my stash for years. 


The third layer is a paper doily, then a set of flowers with swirly die cut leaves, a butterfly punched from dark brown cardstock and run through an embossing folder. The edges of the butterfly are dusted with Fine German Glass Glitter (you can find it in my Etsy store HERE) and the center is a metal jewelry finding. 


The finishing touch is a tag with handwritten "Happy Mother's Day" and finished off with a crinkle seam binding ribbon. 

The second card starts with a Teal cardstock base, then a layer of white cardstock that has a piece of peacock feathers printed tissue paper glued to it. I sewed around the perimeter of this piece in a haphazard fashion. 


The butterfly is a two step die cut, first the solid was cut from vintage book page and the top layer was cut from a red decorative paper.  


Under the butterfly is a Creative Embellishments chipboard swirl that is painted blue with DecoArt Metallic Lustre in Copper. The Metallic Lustre was also rubbed on the peacock feather tissue paper.


I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day yesterday! I spent the day just relaxing :)

That's all from me today. Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: