Monday, April 3, 2017

Wire Cloche

Hello crafty friends! I am so excited to share today's Scrap n' Art Magazine project with you! While browsing Facebook, I ran across my friend Monica's awesome creation that included a rusty cloche and just had to try to make one, well, minus the rust. Rusty wire is on my to find list, though :) Go check out Monica's wonderful project HERE. Awesome, isn't it?
For my wire cloche, I started with 18 gauge wire and created two circles, one about the same width as a small 4" terracotta pot and the second a little smaller than the first. I built the cloche using five pieces of the wire wrapped around the first circle and curling the smallest end to create feet, then attached the second circle a few inches above the first. For the top, I gathered the five wires and wrapped with another piece of wire, then rolled the ends of each of the five wires to create the top curls.


The wire cloche was painted with an off white chalk paint and I also painted the terracotta pot first with gesso, then with the Tattered Angels Peeled Paint Kit. Once dry, I inserted a styrofoam ball inside the pot and covered it with shredded vintage book pages to create a nest.  



Then I filled the little pot with paper flowers, little blue glass stones, a crinkle ribbon bow and the little green "Happy Easter" frame that has been in my stash forever. 




  
I decorated the cloche with more little paper flowers around the top and green paper vines made with Spellbinders die cuts added down two sides of the cloche, adhering them here and there with Beacon Adhesives 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue. 


Oh my gosh, I am so happy with how this turned out!! I will be making more I am sure! Now to find some rusty wire :)

Thanks for stopping by today! I'll be back soon with more fun projects.
Until next time...









Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: