Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Spring Inspired Banner

Hello again crafty friends! April has flown by so fast! I can't believe it's after Easter already and summer is not far away. While it's still Spring, I thought I would create a fun Spring inspired banner piece to share on the Scrap n' Art Online Magazine Facebook page.


This started out to be just a simple banner, but if you know me, I can't make anything simple. The more layers, the better in my opinion :) 


The base is a chipboard pennant piece from a banner kit that I covered with a piece of scrapbook paper that I've had for a while. I used matte modeling paste to adhere the paper to the base. Then I started piling on the layers: a smaller textured kraft paper banner that I painted and distressed, a Spellbinders doily die cut, a double rosette and a butterfly. Under that grouping is a tag, three flag pieces, a piece of lace, two ribbons and a Spellbinders rose. 


The sentiment says "Wherever you go, go with all your heart" and is stamped on a manila file folder, then cut in a flag shape. All of the layers were adhered with Beacon Adhesives 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue.


 Here is a close-up of the bottom portion with the tag, lace, ribbons and rose. 


I added a few different styles/colors of ribbon to the top corners of the pennant to hang down the sides and also a cream organza ribbon tied to create the hangers for the banner. 

I plan to make a couple other banner pieces that I have ideas for floating around in my head. Hopefully I can work on those this weekend, between my sweet grandson's birthday party and cleaning my house. I will be sure to share them here! 

Be sure to go and check out all the other Scrap n' Art designers creations!  

That's all from me today. Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: