Monday, April 24, 2017

Fly Flaming Heart Canvas

Hello again crafty friends! I hope you had a great weekend! We celebrated my sweet grandson Grayson's 4th birthday Saturday. I can hardly believe how fast he is growing up!
Yesterday I spend some much needed time in the Art House creating. I have been in a creative slump lately and any little bit of time playing out there helps.
I have had the Sandra Evertson Relics and Artifacts - Archival Cast Flaming Hearts Ex Votus I for a while, just waiting on that special project to include one of the hearts in. Well, the waiting is over!


Many months ago, I bought the chunky little canvas a Michaels, along with the resin frame. The canvas came with the newspaper type print already on it, I just painted it with some of the dark stain from the Tattered Angels Naturally Aged Kit - Peeled Paint.  The frame was painted with teal acrylic paint, copper crackle texture paste and also used the Peeled Paint kit, then finally added some silver touches with a Testors silver metallic enamel marker.  


I die cut butterfly wings from a soda can, painted them with creamy white chalk paint and added Tim Holtz Distress Vintage Photo Rust Effect Distress Embossing Powder. The wings were tucked in behind the resin frame. 


I painted the flaming heart with Art Anthology Coral Sorbet Paint and Juicy Colorations Spray and also rubbed some Deco Arts Copper Kettle Metallic Lustre in some areas and added some silver with the Testors silver metallic enamel marker. The little blue bird is a charm from my stash. The sentiment is handwritten on a small tag that I cut into the flag shape and tied to the heart with twine. 


I glued copper microbeads, blue seed beads and German glass glitter (coming to the Pickled Tink Etsy shop soon!!) to the canvas in random areas. Oh, and the glue that holds everything together is Beacon Adhesives 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue.

I have two hearts left from the Flaming Hearts Ex Votus I kit that I have ideas for and hope to work on those in the next few days. I'll be back soon to share more creations :) Until then...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: