Monday, March 27, 2017

Hello

Hello friends! Today I want to share a couple of cards I made for Scrap n' Art Magazine, using Leisure Arts coloring book called Extreme. The page I chose to use for these two cards have an intricate, swirly exploding flower design. I colored the images first using markers and then Leisure Arts colored pencils over the marker ink to create depth with rich color.
a page from


For the first card, I used the coloring page as the background for the tag focal point. The typewriter and sentiment are rub-ons that I had in my stash, along with the scrunched seam binding and paper flowers. The card base is a deep purple cardstock. This is a pretty simple card for me, meaning not a lot of layers, but I really like it :)



The second card has lots of layers, with the coloring page being die cut to create the tea cup focal point. The card base is the same deep purple cardstock as the first card, then layers of orange cardstock, blue corrugated paper and a yellow cardstock that is embossed. 


I stamped the sentiment from my old Stampin' Up! stash and punched out to create the tea bag with purple and white cotton twine. To finish the card off, I added a scrunched seam binding bow and two crochet flowers. I used Beacon Adhesives 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue to adhere all the layers together for durability. Ok, I really like both cards, but this one is my favorite :)



Sorry I've been absent from the blog for so long. My day job has been stressful and hasn't left much time for creating. I have been working on rearranging the Art House yet again, but am getting everything organized. A few weeks ago, I went to IKEA and bought a really cool table that adjusts from sitting to standing height. It is perfect for doing all my floral creations and wreaths on. I'll share pictures of the progress in the Art House soon.

That's all from me today! ....Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: