Saturday, October 8, 2016

Soda Can Art

Hello friends! Hope you are doing well, especially if you are on the east coast and in the path of Hurricane Matthew! We got lots of wind and rain, but are OK. I've been spending my Saturday working on a wreath and watching TV. Kinda lazy and quiet :)  
Today I'm sharing another project I made with soda cans that I die cut with Spellbinders to create this cute flower on a wood block.


My sweet friend Kathy gave me the wood block. Her Dad cuts and sands them down for her. They are so awesome for mixed media art. I painted the block with turquoise blue paint (of course!) and lightly sanded after the paint was dry.


The flower petals were die cut and distressed by tapping with a small hammer to create little divots.  I painted the petals with Gesso, then I used the Tattered Angels Peeled Paint Naturally Aged Kit for the base under coats of paint. Next, I used yellow and orange acrylic paints and once dry, I sprayed them with dark Glimmer Mists. The flower center was created the same way, but with blue and green acrylic paint and the dark Glimmer Mists.


I used hot glue to adhere the petals and built the flower directly on the wood block. Isn't it cute? It can sit on a shelf or add a hanger to hang on the wall.
I'll back soon to share more projects I've been working on. Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!









Products Used:























No comments: