Saturday, October 1, 2016

Beautiful Disaster

Happy October 1st!! I woke up to cool temperatures and crisp air. Ahhhhhh, it's Autumn! Such a nice change from the heat and humidity :)
I've been working on this canvas for almost a month. Lot's of steps and layers and drying time was involved. That and being in a slight crafting slump. But it's finally finished!


The base is a 12 x 12" canvas that I adhered old torn book pages to and sprayed all over with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists. Once dry, I applied modeling paste colored with blue acrylic paint through a wall stencil from Tulip called "lattice".



While the modeling paste was drying, I traced the outline from another stencil onto a piece of thick watercolor paper to create the girl. I sprayed this piece with more Glimmer Mists in browns and pinks and dried with a heat gun. I applied modeling paste with a Tim Holtz lace stencil over the entire girl cutout, then once dry, sprayed more Glimmer Mists.


The large flowers are from different Spellbinders die cuts, sprayed with Glimmer Mists and layered. The smaller flowers are from Petaloo and are also sprayed with Glimmer Mists and also covered with clear crackle paste.


The words are hand written with a metallic silver marker on a piece of thick watercolor paper that was sprayed with Glimmer Mists. I cut each word out and outlined the edges with a brown Faber-Castell Big Brush marker. The girl, flowers and word pieces were adhered to the canvas with Beacon Adhesives 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue.


I love all the layers and that awesome texture! I'm really pleased with how it turned out :) I'm sharing this post on the Scrap n' Art Magazine Facebook page. Go check out all the other designers creative projects! I'll be back soon to share more projects. Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!









Products used:
 

 

No comments: