Monday, September 19, 2016

Wire Wrapped Seahorse

Hello friends! Hope you are doing well! I just got back home from a quick weekend trip to Florida to visit family and to pick up a kiln and a bunch of molds that my aunt gave me. I don't know the first thing about how to use any of it, but I'm going to learn! I have to hire an electrician to hook the kiln up before I can start, but I will be reading the books that my aunt gave me to get a sense of how it all works.
I'm still working on some wire wrapping projects and this seahorse is one I am so proud of. It took me many hours to create, but it was worth it.


It is about 18 inches tall and 8 inches wide, so quite large and took a lot of wire and beads to create. 


It took me a good while to create the frame by looking at pictures of seahorses, both real and other art creations. I think I did a pretty good job :) I used mostly blue and green beads of all sizes, shapes and types. The metal word tag in the center says "fearless".  I try to include a word in each of my wire wrapping creations :)

Thanks for visiting today. I'll be back soon to share more creations :)
Until then...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: