Thursday, September 15, 2016

Victorian Medallion Burlap Canvas

Hey there friends! I hope you are doing well! It's almost Friday, so I'm great :) I'm headed to Florida for a long weekend to visit family. My Aunt Rosemary is giving me her kiln and molds and other supplies while I am there! I am so excited to learn a new craft :)

Today, I want to share a project that I made for Scrap n' Art Magazine using Spellbinders dies, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists and Pebeo paints.



The Spellbinders die I used is Shapeabilities Victorian Medallion Three, which produces this beautiful, intricate medallion. I cut it out of a heavy water color paper and painted it with Glimmer Mists in yellows, oranges and reds. Once they were dry, I applied Pebeo Fantasy Prisme and Fantasy Moon yellow and red paints. The Pebeo paints dry to make your projects look like a shiny gem. 


While the medallion was drying (it takes about 24 hours for the Pebeo paints to completely dry), I painted the 6x6" burlap canvas with turquoise acrylic paint. I adhered the medallion to the canvas with Beacon Adhesives 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue. I love that the medallion looks like rusty metal that's been painted over.

I'll be back soon to share more projects. Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: