Sunday, September 4, 2016

Fun Die Cut Flowers


Happy Labor Day Weekend crafty friends! I hope you are enjoying the weekend so far! The weather is just beautiful here in SC! We had solid rain beginning Thursday night, all day Friday and most of Friday night because of Tropical Storm Hermine. But yesterday morning, the sun was shining and it was much cooler than it has been. Love this kind of weather! 
Today I am sharing a small canvas I decorated with flowers and leaves made with Spellbinders dies. The picture is my sweet granddaughter Elizabeth. Love that baby so much! 



I used thick water color paper to die cut the flowers, then colored them with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists in pinks and purples and the leaves in (of course) greens.


When the flowers were almost dry, I shaped them to be dimensional instead of flat and layered them together and adhered them to the canvas around the picture. 


I loved making these flowers so much that I'm going to make more to keep on hand for other projects!
Last weekend, we worked at the Soda City Comicon in Columbia. Dan and Dakota sold comics and I made some Wonder Woman jewelry to sell at their table. I will share those creations next time. Until then....Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: