Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Spellbinders and Soda Pop Cans

Hello there friends! I can't believe it's August already! Maybe it will start cooling off a bit here :)
Today I'm sharing my latest project using Spellbinders dies and soda pop cans. Yep, you read that right. I cut Spellbinders leaf shapes from soda pop cans to transform this 6x6" burlap canvas into a Fall home decor piece. To do this, you have to cut the top and bottom off of the can and then cut one side of the can to open it up and lay flat. The edges will be very sharp so be careful not to cut yourself. Cut the shapes out of the can just like you do with paper.


After the leaves were die cut, I colored them using Canvas Corp Brands Tattered Angels  Peeled Paint Naturally Aged Kit and several colors of Glimmer Mists. I painted the canvas with turquoise acrylic paint and added a piece of May Arts mesh ribbon and also some copper wire twisted in a circle. 

 

I colored the wooden letters with a black marker and then adhered the letters and the leaves with Beacon Adhesives 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue.  The final touch is copper nails were hammered into each corner.


Oh my gosh, I really love how this all came together! I love how the leaves stand out from turquoise background. It's my favorite color lately :)

This past weekend my sweet friend Kristie and her mom, Janet came to visit and we spent the whole weekend crafting at our other sweet friend Kathy's house. We had the best time, crafting, shopping, eating, drinking lots of coffee and just hanging out and talking. I really needed that time crafting with friends. I worked on a few things and will share those projects with you soon. Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: