Saturday, August 6, 2016

More Wire Wrapping

Hey there crafty friends! What a great weekend I've had so far. I went to a sweet co-workers baby shower this afternoon. It was so nice seeing so many people there.
A couple of weeks ago I shared the wire wrapping Tree of Life pendants that I've been making. They are so much fun to make, so I have been trying out different things to create as well. This mermaid is my first creation branching out from the norm. I am so giddy with how she turned out!


She is about 14 inches long and 7 inches wide. That's a lot of wire and beads! I used some sea glass, lots of different kinds of beads and charms. I think her hair is my favorite thing. Or maybe her tail. Oh heck, I love the whole thing! You know me and mermaids!

This starfish is the second creation I made with wire wrapping and beads.


The center is a piece of sea glass with a silver bead to make the starfish's eye. I also added letter beads to special out "treasure". 


Last weekend I spent with my sweet crafty friends and while they were creating many awesome mixed media projects, I made a wire wrapped sea horse and started a dragon fly. This week I started making a whale, my biggest wire wrapping project yet! I will share those with you soon.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend. I've got that whale to work on ;)
Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: