It's about 14 inches long and 12 inches wide, that's a lot of wire and beads! The base is silver wire and then I used a copper wire to attach all the beads and gears.
The "face" is a metal western style buckle that I painted with turquoise paint and wiped off the excess to create patina. The beads are all left overs from many bracelet projects and the gears are from the jewelry section at Michael's.
I added a metal emblem to the tail with the word "believe", along with some more beads.
I am so thrilled with how this turned out!! I have made a smaller dragonfly, too and will share it soon. I'm also almost finished with the whale that is just wire that is twisted and curled. It's really cool looking.
Thanks for stopping by today. Please leave a comment! I'll be back soon with more crafty projects!
Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!