Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Beachy Summer Tag

Hey there friends! I hope you are having a wonderful week so far! I have been busy watching videos and learning how to create wire wrapped jewelry. I will share a few items that I've been making soon. Today, I am sharing the tag I created for a swap that I participated in a Facebook group I am in. We were paired with someone to swap a summer themed tag with. This is the tag I created.


When I think of Summer, the beach is the first thing that comes to mind, so I created this cute little ocean/under the sea scene on the tag. The little mermaid is a stamp that I found at Tuesday Morning and had to have it. I've been slightly obsessed with mermaids since my trip to Tarpon Springs and the cruise to Cozumel a couple years ago. 


I made the tag using a thick piece of watercolor paper and sprayed it with several different Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists in blues and greens as well as some Gesso. I added May Arts netting ribbon using Beacon Adhesives 3-in-1 Advanced Glue. I used a 7Gypsies sea shell stamp set and stamped the shells on the same paper as the tag base and colored them with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists. 


I colored the mermaid with Copic markers and used my Westcott scissors to fussy cut her out as well as all the sea shells. I glued everything down with the 3-in-1 glue. I also adhered some seed beads, pearls and other little bits and bobs. To finish the tag off, I added some scrunched seam binding that I sprayed with Glimmer Mists. My swap partner really loved the tag!

Thanks for visiting today! I'll be back soon to share more fun projects.
Until next time....
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: