Sunday, May 29, 2016

What Do You Do With Clock Parts?

You make art with them, of course!! While I was at CHA in January, we attended the open market night and I purchased a bag of old watch and clock parts. I wasn't sure exactly what I would make with them, but I had to have them!
I held on to them for a couple of months before I used any, but had the idea of using them as the background for a small canvas piece.  I did a tutorial for Beacon Adhesives to include in the April edition of Scrap n' Art Magazine. I painted the small canvas with blue acrylic paint and stamped a script background onto the canvas. Then I glued a bunch of the clock pieces as well as some metal gears to the canvas with Beacon Adhesives Glass & Metal glue.


I applied Gesso to all the clock and gear pieces and let dry,


Next came a quick spray of Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in blue with a gold sparkle. 


While the canvas was drying, I put together some mulberry flowers using Beacon Adhesives 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue. 


The flowers and some wooden butterflies were glued to the canvas with 3-in-1 and then I added the quote. 


I adhered some bronze microbeads to the flowers, some flat back pearls to the butterflies and blue seed beads here and there. And it's done!!


The background really sparkles!! The piece is pretty heavy with all that metal on it :) I need to add a hanger to the back and then it's going up in the Pickled Tink Crafts Etsy store :) 


I am going to start putting more of my creations in the Etsy shop and also take custom orders, too! I have more bracelets that I've made, too. I'll share pictures of those soon! Please stop by the Etsy store to see the new Graphic 45 items from the Voyage Beneath the Sea Collection and the By the Sea Collection! The papers and embellishments in these collections are gorgeous!! You're going to NEED them for your summer, beach and vacation scrapbook pages and mixed media projects! 

I'll be back soon to share more crafty goodness! Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!









Items used in this project:








No comments: