Monday, May 16, 2016

Sunny Day Crafting Challenge #7

Hey there crafty friends! Hope you had a wonderful weekend! I am a little late posting my project for the Sunny Day Crafting Challenge this week. I've been having some computer issues :(  Here is this week's challenge inspiration picture.


I love barns! When I saw this picture, it immediately took me back to my childhood. My grandparents had a barn and growing up, me and my cousins played on the hay bales that were stacked up. We made up games and played all day outside during the summer, usually exploring in the barn. My grandmother had a big garden and of course had chickens.


Although I know the picture doesn't had a chicken in it, barns just remind me of the country life with chickens and roosters roaming around the barn yard.


I used a plain card base, a piece of red gingham paper and a piece of glassine paper that I lightly stamped a chicken wire pattern on. The rooster was stamped in black on a paper that has fibers in it and then I colored it using pencils. It is layered on a brown striped paper. I also stitched around the edge of the gingham paper and wrapped a piece of mesh ribbon around the layers. The little wooden tag and rope finished it off.
Be sure to check out all the other projects and link up your projects, too!
Thanks so much for stopping by today! I'll be back soon to share more projects!
Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: