Monday, May 2, 2016

Poppies

This past weekend I attended a scrapbook retreat in Gatlinburg, TN and had so much fun! I got to spend time with my sweet friends and create art, what could be better?! I was able to make several things and this might be my favorite!


I started with an 8x10 inch canvas and turned it around to create on the backside. First I applied gesso to the whole canvas, then adhered some doilies to the inside. The "stems" are little cardboard pieces that came in a package as filler. I just crumpled them up and glued them down. Next, I glued down some metal pieces, including clock parts and gears to create the poppies. Around the edges of the canvas, I glued some mesh ribbon down. 


Then came the fun part, painting! First I added a coat of gesso to everything, then I used some Art Anthology Colorations sprays (you can find some in my Etsy store HERE) in greens and blues and let dry. The stems, flowers and background were painted with Golden paints. 


I used a marker around the edges of the stems and flowers to create shadowing. I also added some metallic wax around the edges of the canvas. I love how it turned out! The flowers look like poppies to me, so that's what I'm calling them :) 

I'll share more of the projects I made this weekend very soon.
Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!




1 comment:

Kathy Adams said...

That turned out adorable!!