Friday, May 6, 2016

Mixed Media Framed Sampler

Hey there crafty friends!! I can't believe it's the weekend already, this week has flown by! I want to wish all the moms out there in blogland a very Happy Mother's Day! I am so thankful to still have my mom here with me. I know many who's moms have passed away. I love my sweet Mom sooooo much!! I am also very proud that both my daughters are wonderful mommies to their little ones :) It melts my heart! 
Today I am sharing a framed mixed media piece that I made for Scrap n' Art Magazine. I started with a wooden frame that the glass was broken out of. First I painted a cheap wooden frame that the glass was broken out of. A little gesso over the frame helps the paints stick to it. For the inside, I started with a piece of blue decorative paper that I haphazardly stitched in a few places, then distressed with ink. 


Next came the most fun part! I die cut nine different kinds of paper, chipboard and even some cardboard using a Spellbinders die cut. Then added layers of ribbon, lace, charms, etc on each piece. 


I just used bits and bobs from my stash to make each one different, but using the same colors to tie it all together. 


I applied a little ink around the edges of each piece to create a shadow effect and then each one is adhered to the paper. 


It reminds me of the old fashioned samplers that women would make. When I create things like this, I usually add the number 3 on it somewhere. It represents my 3 children and I guess now it can also represent my 3 grandchildren, because I have 2 and 1 more on the way! Nolan is due in June and we are all so excited, especially big brother Grayson :) 


Not only am I so blessed to have the sweetest Mom in the whole wide world, I get to be the Mom to 3 of the most awesome kids and Lollie to 3 beautifully wonderful grandbabies!! My cup runneth over!!
I hope you each have a wonderful weekend and Happy Mother's Day! 
Until next time....
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: