Friday, May 20, 2016

Altered Valentine Candy Box

Hello again crafty friends! Happy weekend! I'm still working in the Art House moving things around and cleaning, trying to get organized. I think I almost have it the way I want it. Today I am sharing a project that I created for the February issue of Scrap n' Art Magazine. We were to create a Valentine project, so what better object to alter than a Valentine candy box? I've used one in a project before, but this time I wanted to create a shadow box frame.


I cut a heart shape from the middle of the top of the box, then covered it with printed tissue paper, adhering it with Mod Podge and sprayed some Tattered Angels Plain Jane sprays in Gerber over the whole top. 


The bottom of the box also has the printed tissue paper, as well as a paper doily that was colored with Tattered Angels sprays. The little girl fairy is an image I found on Pinterest that I printed on speckled cream cardstock and fussy cut her out. She got a sweet pair of appliqued wings that were sprayed with Tattered Angels Plain Jane in Baseboard and Gerber. I also added some tulle and ribbon to her dress and gave her a little flower crown. 


There are embellishments from Kaisercraft and May arts and also others ribbons and flowers added here and there. After all of the items were added to the inside, I glued the box lid onto the bottom so it wouldn't come apart. I then added lace and other trims around the heart shaped opening and glued other flowers to the bottom of the opening. Two sweet little blue birds were also printed on the speckled cream cardstock, fussy cut them out and glued to either side of the opening. I used Beacon Adhesives 3-in1 Advanced Glue to adhere all the embellishments. 


The last (but certainly not least!) final touch is the little banner that reads Love. I glued the strings of the banner to look like the birds are holding them in their mouths. I love every little detail that I was able to put into this sweet little project! 



Isn't that little bird the cutest? And I really love the little fairy girl. She reminds me of my granddaugher :) Oh, one last thing I did was add Stickles here and there to create sparkle. I love Stickles, but who doesn't?!

Thanks for stopping by to see me today. I'll be back soon with more craftiness! Until next time....
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: