Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Altered Mixed Media Canvas Class

Hello again crafty friends! I am excited to share this project with you today because it was created in my very sweet and talented friend Kristie's class at the crop in Tennessee that I went to a couple weeks ago. Her artwork amazes me! And she is such an awesome teacher!


We started with a 12x12" canvas, but created on the back to make a shadow box effect. There is a lot of layers of different shapes of chipboard pieces that we first applied gesso to, then painted with different sprays and paints. I, of course chose the blues and greens, but added the orange for my pop of color. 

The finishing touches are some metallic paste rubbed over some of the edges and seed beads randomly glued here and there. I absolutely love how it turned out!! I need to find a very special place to hang this :)

This week is going by pretty quickly at work. We are learning new software, but it will make our jobs so much more efficient once we learn it. I like to work smarter, not harder :)

That's all from me today. I'll be back soon to share some more awesome projects!
Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: