Thursday, April 21, 2016

Statement Silver Spoon Necklace

Hey there crafty friends! It's been a while since I've posted anything. Work has been busy and I've been busy working on projects that I can't share just yet. But soon!! Today I am sharing this altered spoon that I turned into a necklace. I know, craziness! :) I made this for the February issue of Scrap n' Art Magazine.


I found this cute little silver baby spoon at an antique mall when I visited my cousin in Jacksonville for Thanksgiving. I knew immediately when I saw it that I was going to make a necklace out of it. 


The image of the lady is from a Prima paper pack that I cut out and glued into the spoon. I glued some lace and a distressed paper flower to the bottom to create her dress and a small piece of applique trim to create her crown. The butterfly gives her wings to make her fairy like and there is also a strip of bling trim on the right side. The necklace part is a chain with some ribbon running through it and a piece of a broken necklace attached together. I tied some extra ribbon into a triple bow onto the necklace and then attached the spoon with a lobster claw fitting. 


Isn't it cute?! It's one of my favorites so far! I don't wear much jewelry myself, but I love making it! I've made quite a few of the memory wire bracelets lately, too. I'll share those as soon as I can get good pics. Thanks for stopping by today! I'll be back soon with some other crafty stuff!
Until then...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: