Saturday, December 12, 2015

Snow and Merry Christmas Ornaments

Hello again! It's getting closer and closer to Christmas and I'm not ready!! The tree is still not up and decorated, only a few presents have been bought, nothing has been wrapped and I still have no clue what to buy for some people. But, I have spent a little time making some more Christmas ornaments. I love making these from chipboard coasters. The first one was made with a round coaster


I covered both sides with Maja Design paper, then piled on the embellishments. The first layer is a plastic snowflake ornament. You can see the edges of it sticking out on the sides.


The letters spelling "snow" are Scrabble tiles. The tag with the kid image is also from Maja Design. I made the flower using a webbed wired edge ribbon with a flat back pearl as the center. The hanger is a piece of white organza ribbon.

The second ornament was made with a square coaster with rounded corners. I also covered both sides of this one with Maja Design papers.


I ink distressed the edges after the papers were added, then started adding embellishments. The first layer is a piece of scalloped lace then I added a half of a plastic snowflake ornament to the right side.


The photo is cut from a piece of Maja Design paper and is placed over the plastic snowflake ornament. The white flower is from Petaloo and you can find those in the Pickled Tink Crafts online store. The little silver snowflake shaped ornament is actually the metal cap that came off of a glass ball ornament. If you open them up, this is what you get :) I added a wooden bingo chip to the center of the silver snowflake. The little "merry" tag is a piece of ripped muslin that I stamped the sentiment on. The hanger was made with May Arts scallop edge ribbon with rusty jingle bells added to each side with baker's twine.

Today we had a Christmas family reunion on my Dad's side of the family. It was so great seeing aunts, uncles and cousins again, lots of great food and a hay ride, too! My cousin lives in my grandparent's house now and he's been hosting our reunion for that past few years there. It's so great spending time with family in the same house we have for so many years. It brings back so many fond childhood memories.

I have some more projects I will share with you soon, including my first EVER video tutorial!!
Until then...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: