Monday, December 28, 2015

Mixed Media: Altered Wooden Block

Hello again! I hope you had a great Christmas! I spent the holidays with my sweet family and had so much fun watching my grandbabies opening their gifts. They melt my heart.

Today I want to share a project that I created for the October issue of Scrap n' Art Online Magazine. This started off as a 4x4 inch wooden block that I've had in my stash for a while. I painted the block with a gold metallic paint and then sprayed a turquoise color spray on it. Then I added crackle glaze, let dry and added a dark brown stain to settle into all the little nooks and crannies. I adhered the little metal feet and then I piled on the embellishments! Each side and the top are decorated with lace, ribbon, flowers, birds, butterflies, bees, sentiments and little trinkets.






There are lots and lots of layers on each side. I love every little detail.

I'm trying to get most of my February projects done before I go to CHA in January. I'm getting so excited, yet nervous for this trip. I have only flown commercially one other time back in 2002 and I've never been on the left coast. I would love to take a little time to go stick my toes in the Pacific and scoop up some CA beach sand. We shall see.

I hope to share a few more projects with you before I leave, so stay tuned!!
Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: