Saturday, September 19, 2015

W is for Willow

One of the girls in my office is pregnant with her first baby, a girl she is naming Willow. I've been wanting to get back into making sweet personalized baby decor again, so this was my chance. Her nursery is white, gray and lavender with elephants. I just got a a bunch of paper from Maja Designs and included were baby themed papers with elephants!! How lucky was that? I decided to just make a single initial banner piece, mainly because I didn't have all the same style chipboard letters to spell out the whole name. Bummer. But look how cute the one banner piece turned out!!!


I used a chipboard banner piece from a bulk pack that I got to include in some of the Pickled Tink Crafts store kits. They are the perfect size to created these initial banners :) I covered the banner piece with the sweet baby elephant paper. Along the edges of the banner piece I glued some gray scalloped edge lace. Next, I glued a coordinating paper to a piece of chipboard and cut it with a Spellbinders scallop circle die cut. The chipboard letter was painted white and glued to the scallop circle and then glued to the base. Eyelets were added to the holes at the top of the base to make it sturdier. For the ribbon hanger, I dyed the seam binding with Art Anthology Colorations spray and tied it on each side in a messy double bow that I also added some white tulle to.
I can't wait to give it to the mommy-to-be at the baby shower we're throwing her at the office. I really hope she likes it :)

I've been buying stuff to create new kits for the store :) Can't wait to get them all put together and take pics. I'll be finishing up on those tomorrow and will share a link to the store asap!!

Until then...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: