Sunday, June 7, 2015

Want 2 Scrap Projects

For the March issue of Scrap n' Art Online Magazine, we received some amazing stuff from Want 2 Scrap to play with. Today, I'm sharing the two projects that I created :)

The first project is a scrapbook page using the Want 2 Scrap Vintage Fancy Frames and Pink Nestabling.


I applied gesso to the frame and then sprayed it with Art Anthology Colorations in Salted Caramel. The Pink Nestabling is the center of all the flowers and on the corner of the frame. 


The picture is of my girls when they were about 1 and 3 years old. I have had the postcard of the two little girls for many, many years with the plans of using it on a layout of my girls. You see, Amber (the oldest) has always had brown hair and Mariah (the youngest) has always had dirty blonde hair, so this image has always reminded me of my two sweet girls. The original postcard was too big for this project, but I really wanted to use it, so I scanned it and printed it out the size I needed. 


The second project I created was this vintage inspired necklace. I used the Lacy Ovals Nestaboard for the base and second layer. I applied gesso to both pieces, then stamped a script image with MomentoLuxe Love Letter ink. Next I sprayed Art Anthology Colorations in Salted Caramel, but it caused the stamped script image to bleed. Oh well, I kinda liked the look of it, so just went with it! I also stamped the same script image with Versamark and applied white embossing powder and heat set. I used Beacon Adhesives 3-in-1 to glue the two Nestaboard layers together and also the little pink cameo charm and all the little Pink Nestabling.  


I added the dangling charms to the bottom of the base and the barrel charm to the top and strung it onto the hand died May Arts ribbon. 


Awesome story about the mannequin that I put the necklace on to take pictures. My sweet friend Kristie found it at a jewelry store that was going out of business and she bought several of the display mannequins and this is one of the two that she gave to me!! She does things like that for me all the time! See, I told you it was an awesome story! I am so blessed to have found a friend like her. Even though she moved almost 200 miles away, we are still really close and she'll always be my bestest friend in the whole wide world! She is the reason I am a design team member for Scrap n' Art and is such an inspiration to me in my art journey. She introduced me to art journaling and many different mixed media techniques. I can't imagine my life without her! I hope you all have a friend in your life like that. If you do, you are truly blessed! 

I will be back later this week with some more projects, so stay tuned :) Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: