Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Vintage Beauty with Kaisercraft

Hello my crafty friends! Sorry I've been so quiet here, life's been a little hectic and blogging got put on the back burner again. I'll try to do better and make time to visit y'all more often :)
I created this layout for a tutorial and you can find all the details in the March issue of Scrap n' Art Online Magazine.


I used papers and elements from the Kaisercraft   Blue Bay  and Rustic Harmony collections. They go so well together, don't you think? The paper with the vintage clocks is a digital collage sheet that was also featured in the March issue. I just printed it the size I wanted, cut it out and distressed the edges with ink.



The picture is of my Mom's oldest sister, my Aunt Rosemary. I think this was her high school senior picture. Aunt Rosemary is very crafty. She makes quilts, embroiders, does woodworking and makes ceramics, just to name a few. When I was a little girl, I remember she had made doll house furniture for my cousin Amy. I loved playing with that set! They lived in Florida, so I didn't get to see them very often, maybe once or twice a year. I was always excited to see what she had been busy making. My Mom always says that I got the crafty gene from Aunt Rosemary :)

Dan, Dakota and I are in Virginia on vacation this week. We spent the weekend in Charlotte, NC for a comic book convention (comic book fans call it Comic Con, in case you were wondering, lol). They went to the Con and I went to Ikea. I LOVE Ikea!!! I could seriously do some monetary damage in that store. Here in Virginia, we are not far from Monticello (Thomas Jefferson's home place) and Luray Caverns. We are also just a couple hours from Washington, DC. I would really like to go to see the White House, Lincoln Memorial, etc. but not sure we will make it there. They have tours through the resort we are staying at, but they are a little pricey. Right now, we are just enjoying the weather and relaxing!
I will be back soon with some other magazine projects and to show you my Ikea goodies!! Until then...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!



No comments: