Thursday, May 21, 2015

Trust the Magic

One of the perks of designing for Scrap n' Art Online Magazine is receiving awesome products to work with. We have been sponsored by wonderful companies and recently Prima Marketing Inc. was one of them. I discovered Finnebair not too long ago and was so happy to have gotten the awesome stamp set "Trust the Magic" used in this project.


I used a wooden block that is approximately 4x8" and first sprayed some Art Anthology Colorations sprays in browns and yellows on the whole block, dried with a heat gun and then I stamped the image with MomentoLuxe black ink. I sanded it a little to distress it, then applied some molding paste through a stencil that I placed around the stamped image and let it dry. 


I sprayed more Art Anthology Colorations in greens and blues, making sure not to spray over the stamped image. I did spray some red Colorations on the area with the heart, let it sit for a few minutes and then dabbed at it, just to leave a hint of the red. 


Lastly, I applied a thin layer of crackle gel on the block and dried with a heat gun. One last spray of a dark blue Colorations to settle into the cracks to finish it off. I'm really happy with how this turned out :)  You can find most of the colors of the Art Anthology Coloration sprays in my online store :) Click HERE for the link. I would love for you to come visit my shop. I have added a few new items lately and am on the lookout for some more awesome products to offer. 

A few weeks ago my dish washer stopped pumping water and completely died, so I was not really happy about washing dishes by hand for 3 weeks because, well we go through a lot of dishes around here. No one knows how to reuse a glass lol. You would be amazed at how many dirty dishes 3 people produce in a day! Anywho, as we were preparing for the arrival of our new dish washer, I couldn't help but save the silverware basket from the old one. I'll share what I did with it tomorrow :) Until then...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: