Wednesday, May 13, 2015

So Thankful Card

Happy Wednesday!! I can't believe this month is going by so fast! Today I am sharing the card I made for a contest at the crop I went to last weekend. I didn't win the contest, but I had fun making this card anyway :)


I used papers from Blue Fern Studios, Prima flowers and some awesome yarn that I found online. I The card base is Coordinations paper in pink and the second layer is a Blue Fern Studios cut slightly smaller than the card base and distressed the edges. Then I added half of a paper doily to the right side. The tea cup was fussy cut and adhered to a coordinating piece that was die cut in an oval shape and distressed the edges.


The sentiment is from Unity Stamp and stamped on the same pink card base paper and colored in with miscellaneous Copic markers and then cut it out and attached it to the card. I added some small flat backed pearls to the corners. 


The coral colored yarn is just wrapped several times around the card layers and tied a bow in the middle and finished it off with a Blumenthal Lansing Co. button. The final touch is the little Prima flowers. The card layers were adhered to the card base and it is done! Cute, huh?

I started a new job last week and I really like it. I do a lot of research on the computer and stay busy most all day, which I love. This job is further away from home that my old job, so it's taken a few days to get into this new routine, but it's so worth it. Everyone is so nice and helpful, too!

Next time I will share a wood block that I painted and distressed and stamped on. It's kinda cool looking if I do say so myself. I'll be back soon with that and more :) Until then...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: