Saturday, May 30, 2015

From (Almost) Trash to Storage

Do you ever get ready to throw something away and then have an ah-ha moment that said item could actually be used for something? That happened to me when we had to replace our dishwasher. I was taking the racks and silverware basket out of the old washer so we could remove it and a light bulb went off when I picked up the silverware bucket. What did I do with it, you ask?



Marker storage!!! And it fits perfectly in the top of my rolling cart. :) I have been wanting the Raskog carts from IKEA but I haven't been able to make a trip to Charlotte, so when I heard that Sam's Club had one similar, off to Sam's Club! Well, I sent Dan, lol. I love this cart so much I want another one for the Art House and maybe one for the bathroom and one for the kitchen! 


The top shelf has markers, mediums like gesso and texture paste, distress stains and Art Anthology products. The middle shelf holds paint brushes in the green wire basket and the blue bucket holds dry adhesives. The bottom shelf has Annie Sloan chalk paint and wax, Dixie Bell Paint Co. paint samples (I hope to be carrying their paints in the Pickled Tink Crafts Store soon!!), a big jar of UTEE and Stampin' Up! markers. See, it's full already!
What have you saved from the trash to use in your craft area? I would love to see!!
That's all from me today. Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: