Thursday, February 12, 2015

It's Love Week!

Valentine's Day is just 2 days away and I haven't gotten anything for any of my sweet Valentines! I better get on the ball lol. I did download an image today to create Dan's Valentine's card though. We aren't big holiday celebration people around here except for Christmas. I don't expect a big romantic night out or roses or expensive gifts. A sweet card and a small gift is fine with me! Here is the image I am using for his card :)


We LOVE pink flamingos and when I saw this I knew it was perfect!! I'm not really going to add much to it as it's great just like it is :)

I can finally share a couple more projects that I created for Scrap 'n Art magazine. These projects were in the November, 2014 issue. This first one is my favorite!! When I went on my cruise to Cozumel in September, I snapped this picture of one of the girls in our group walking on the beach. She looked like she was in pure heaven! Click on the pics to take you to the article.


This project is in the Creative Embellishments article. I loved working with the Creative Embellishments pieces that I received and the one I used here was perfect for a beach page! 


I created the sand dollar with the quote in My Digital Studio, printed it and cut it out. It looks almost real! I just really love how everything just all came together to make this page!! 

This next project was also made using Creative Embellishments, this time with the butterfly cutouts. How awesome are they?!


I have always loved the insect specimen samples, especially the ones with butterflies. What I don't like about them is the fact that the insect had to die to create the specimen. But no butterflies were harmed in the one! I painted each butterfly a different color and mounted them on pattern paper and netting. The numbers are also from Creative Embellishments. 


To mimic the real deal of a butterfly specimen, I inserted a pin in each butterfly to look like that's how they are "mounted". I am really pleased with how this turned out :)

I have been ordering lots of goodies to put on my website and they are starting to arrive!! I get so excited every time I open a box! So far I have May Arts ribbon and some beautiful trims and I'm working on putting together embellishment kits for mixed media, card making or scrapbooking. I've also made some jewelry using a mix of new and vintage beads. I'm working on getting many more craft items including pattern papers, paints and sprays and even some cute little stamps! I can't wait to share my website details with you, so stay tuned!
That's all from me tonight. Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: