Saturday, February 21, 2015

Art Anthology Art Journal Page

I recently submitted projects to Art Anthology in hopes of being chosen for the "Dream Team" design team, but I didn't make the cut. I was kinda bummed that I didn't make it, but realize that it would have been a big challenge with my work schedule, magazine projects and all the work there is to do for my website, not to mention when in the world would I squeeze housework in there, lol. The girls that were chosen are amazing artists and I congratulate them! One of the projects that I submitted is this art journal page.


I made the mannequin with wings a couple of weeks ago with another project in mind, but it seemed perfect for this once I started the background.


I needed a quote, so I went to my go to place, Pinterest :) Love this quote!! I typed it on the computer and printed it on cardstock then I painted the whole page with Art Anthology Viridian Sorbet paint. Each word was cut out and Gesso applied to the edges. I used matte gel medium to adhere the words and the mannequin and after dry I outlined everything with a brown Faber-Castell big brush marker to create a shadow.


I submitted two other projects and I'll share those soon. Things have been kinda crazy around here lately. Dakota and I have both been sick on and off since Christmas and we both have a horrible cough, but are on meds and hope to be well soon. I also celebrated (well I didn't really celebrate, lol) my 49th birthday or like I told people at work, my 29th anniversary of my 20th birthday :) I had planned to visit my bestest friend Kristie in Virginia this weekend, but the weather there is bad and I'm still not 100% healthy, so we've postponed for a couple of weeks. I really miss her!! I'm also still working on getting things ready for my website to go live on March 1st. A lot of product is starting to arrive and I am so excited to announce that I will be offering May Arts ribbon and Art Anthology products!! I'll be sharing all the details about the website very soon!!
That's all from me tonight. Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: