Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Take Me to the Sea Wreath and Merry Fishy Christmas Tree

Today, I'm sharing a couple of things I've made recently. I've been so busy filling orders, mostly floral design work, that I've neglected my little corner of the blogosphere. I didn't mean to be gone so long, time just got away from me! And now it's Christmas, YIKES!! How time goes faster and faster the older you get. Anyway, here are two of the floral items I made. Someone asked me to make a beach themed wreath for a Christmas gift and I was so excited to create this!! 


Isn't it so happy and beachy?! Makes me wish I was near the ocean :) I purchased everything except the net from Carolina Pottery.


I love the bow I made, too. I saw bows made with a few different styles of ribbon at Carolina Pottery a few months ago and just love them. The burlap was a little too thick to make the bow with all three ribbons as one bow, so I made the brown open weave mesh bow first and then made the blue and green bow as a double bow and then layered them on top of the mesh one. 

The second thing I made was this Merry Fishy Christmas Tree that I did for my granddaughter Elizabeth. I bought the little purple tinsel wreath last year after Christmas on clearance. It's been sitting on a shelf waiting patiently to be made into something wonderful! I think it became just that :)
                                                              

I started by adding aqua blue mesh from top to bottom and then added the cute colorful fish. Aren't they fun?! 



For the tree topper, I made a funky bow with aqua blue mesh cut into tubes and pink mesh tubing, then stuck a seashell spray in the top. The seashell spray also has this cute seahorse and some pearls and white sparkly "seaweed" in it. I used the same seashell spray in the beach wreath :) 


Elizabeth loves her new tree and she put it in her bedroom :)

I've been really busy making projects for Scrap 'n Art magazine and getting ready for Christmas. I will share magazine sneak peaks as soon as I can. Until next time... I wish you a very Merry Christmas!!! 
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: