Friday, December 12, 2014

It's a Girl Wreath

A girl I work with is having a baby girl and asked me to make a wreath for the hospital door and then for home. She showed me pictures of a few different ones that she liked and I used elements from each to create this wreath.


The base is a pink work wreath form and I used 8" wide plain burlap ribbon first and then added the 2 1/2" pink polka dot and pink chevron ribbons zig-zagged through the wreath. I also added loops of white sparkly mesh tubing and to finish it off, the banners "It's A Girl" that another co-worker embroidered on stiff sparkly white felt that I cut out in the banner shapes and attached with pink polka dot ribbon.


I think it turned out awesome and she loved it!!
Life has been very stressful the last few weeks, at work and trying to get custom orders filled and magazine project done. The holidays are always busy, especially at work. I hope to enjoy a couple of days off soon to get my bearings. I have a couple of Christmas decorations done to share with y'all and of course this year's version of my Christmas tree. I will post those as soon as I can. Until then...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: