Sunday, October 5, 2014

Vacation Pics Continued

I wanted to share some more pics from my vacation to Florida and Cozumel. I had such an awesome 
time with my best friend Kristie and made new life long friends, too!! I just ordered prints of all the pics (well, almost all) from our adventure so I can start a journal. It will be a rather fat journal when I am done with it, but may take me forever to complete! So enough rambling, on to the pictures!


We went to the beach while in Tarpon Springs.
Look at this awesome view!!

My sweet best friend Kristie enjoying the
amazing views at the beach

Love this!!

the water was really calm and beautiful!

After we left Jules' house, we drove north to Homosassa, Florida
to swim with the manatees. The water was really murky, but
did get to see some. Look how cute they are!! 

I think he was posing for us :)

This natural resource museum is across the street from the dive
shop we met at to go snorkeling with the manatees. I thought
the manatee statue was cool. 
After we swam with the manatees (in the rain, no doubt!), we drove to  Wellington, Florida and stayed with Kristie's sweet friend Lynn for a couple of days. While there, we went shopping and also had a pot luck dinner with a bunch of the girls Kristie used to scrapbook with when she lived there. It was so much fun meeting her old friends and Lynn and her husband were such sweet hosts. I have truly made new friends there :)
Our next stop was Fort Lauderdale to pick up Stayce (the owner of Art Anthology!!) from the airport. We did a little running around and then went to the hotel and then took a walk on the beach.

Kristie and Stayce. Sweet girls!!! Love them!!

me and Stayce :)

It only took 3 tries for Stayce to write this in the sand and take
pics before the waves washed it away again. lol


Los Olas Beach was beautiful!!

view from the hotel room

View from hotel room. We also had a view of the pool where
we quickly realized that people don't really care what they
look like in bathing suits! lol

Palm trees swaying in the sea breeze. Love :)
I experienced lots of firsts on this trip! This was my first time snorkeling and I did it with manatees :) This was my first time being in Tarpon Springs, Wellington and Fort Lauderdale. This was my first time trying escargot (on the ship). This was my first time cruising and the first time I've ever been out of the USA. It was all such an awesome experience that I will remember forever!! I have lots more pictures to share, so stay tuned! Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: