Wednesday, October 8, 2014

My Mission Statement

Several years ago, a really popular thing going around was to create a personal mission statement. I typed one up, printed it out and stuck it in a wallet so that I would see it often. Well, the wallet got switched out and the mission statement got left behind. Today, while cleaning out that wallet, I found the mission statement! Here is what my mission statement from then was:

"On a daily basis I will strive to:
Be a good mother, daughter, sister and friend;
Be a strong leader within my community;
Be forgiving of myself and others and to seek out the good in people;
Be more aware of the things that go on around me;
Be more thankful for my blessings;
Enjoy the simple things in life
And to trust in God to take care of the things that I can not control."

Reading this makes me think that everything in that mission statement still holds true today, except two thing I would add:  to the first line I would add "to be a good Lollie". Yes, since then I have become "Lollie" to two awesome and amazing little people! The other is that I would add an extra line "to create something everyday" because I need a little push to do that sometimes!
So, I am re-typing my mission statement today and am thinking about making it into an art journal page. I wonder how much my mission statement will change in another few years. Probably not much. Do you have a mission statement? What would you add or change? If you don't have one, I challenge you to create one!
I still have more vacation pics to share and also a couple of projects that I created in classes on the cruise. Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: