Monday, October 20, 2014

Commemorating Cozumel

While I was on my cruise last month, I took a class from Stayce DeWid, the owner of Art Anthology. First let me tell you what an honor it was to get to go on the cruise with the Art Anthology design team! Everyone is so sweet and very talented :) Second, Stayce is so so sweet and is just, well, awesome! I just love her! She taught classes on the cruise and this canvas was one of them.


Isn't it great?! Of course we used Art Anthology products :) I love all the Art Anthology paints and sprays and now they offer stencils! I changed things up just a little on my canvas, not much, but just enough to make it mine :)


The picture on the left is of one of the beaches we visited on our bar hop tour in Cozumel. The one on the right is all the Art Anthology ladies and me at the dock in Cozumel. I have made some awesome, life long friendships with all these lovely ladies. 


I painted some of the sea shells and the Cozumel letters with the Art Anthology paints. Isn't the shimmer of the paints awesome on the shells? To fill in the gaps between the shells and the pictures, I added some mica flakes. I think that's the final little detail that my canvas needed. I love this canvas and am going to hang it in the Art House to remind me of my awesome trip and my new friends :)

I'll be back soon to share some other projects that I've been working on. Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: