Monday, August 25, 2014

Spellbinders Storage

I received many die-cuts from Spellbinders to create projects for Scrap n' Art magazine. I LOVE Spellbinders!! The only problem I had with having so many die-cuts is how do I store so many? When I only had a couple sets, they were much easier to store, but I found that I needed an easier storage solution for how many I now have. I wanted something that would be portable that I could take to crops but not take up too much room. I did some research via Google (of course, lol) and found many solutions, but some were very expensive. Then I ran across a thread where someone suggested magnetic vent covers that you can purchase at Lowe's or Home Depot. I thought that would be perfect!! So I went and bought a few packs of these...


They come in a pack of 3 sheets and each sheet is 8 inches wide by 15 inches long. I cut each sheet in 3 pieces to make them 8x5 inches each, so each pack gives me 9 magnetic sheets for die cut storage! The reason I chose to cut them into the 3 pieces is because this is what I purchased to store them in...

This is a small 3 ring binder that I purchase at Walmart
And the sheet protectors that fit in the notebook hold each of the magnetic sheets.


I also purchased the dividers to separate special edition die-cuts and holiday die-cuts.


I created a label with the name of each die-cut and adhered them to the back of the magnetic sheet they are on.


I really like this system!! I have 4 books so far! They get a little heavy, so I try not to fill them too full.

Next time I will share some other storage solutions that I have come up with in the Art House. Until then...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: