Sunday, August 24, 2014

Inspiration

Where do you get inspiration for creating your art? Sometimes I get inspiration for a project from unlikely places and sometimes things just pop in my head. A lot of times I get inspiration from an object that I see in a store or at a friend's house. For the digital scrapbook page below, I saw a picture on someone's Facebook page of a plaque with the phrase "When life make waves, enjoy the ride". That really stuck with me and I wanted to create something with that phrase.


I used downloads from Martad called Trip to the Seaside. I love all the images in that download and have used them in many other layouts. There are lots of elements to layer together to create the perfect page.
I find inspiration all around me, sometimes it's subtle and sometimes it knocks me on the head! lol
Recently I was at a friend's house and she has an awesome floral design tea cup that I had to take pictures of. I will be creating something based on the colors and flowers in that tea cup for sure! Sometimes I hear a song on the radio and the words inspire an art piece. One song that is in the back of my mind for a canvas piece is "One Flight Down" by Nora Jones. So much inspiration around me, so little time to create it all!! I want to share one last thing that I was inspired to create and that's my signature down at the end of the post. I was inspired by other digital scrapbookers on a website where they share their digital creations and most of them have created an awesome signature! I wanted mine to be fun and colorful :) What do you think? What are some things that you have been inspired by? I would love to see your creations!!

That's all from me today. Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: