Monday, August 18, 2014

Big Blog Nomination Tour

I was nominated as a creative blogger by Monica Lowrance at Happy Scrappn 2. Monica is a fellow design team member at Scrap n' Art magazine and is so talented. Her style is very eclectic and she is not afraid of color! She has served on many design teams and most recently became a designer with Art Anthology. If you did not come here via her blog, please go visit her and check out all her wonderful creations!! 

We are joining up as a chain of fun blog hop tours where so many of us will get to meet new bloggers, get new inspiration and connect with blogs that will open up our creativity. This hop is sure to get your mojo going! 
Here are my 4 questions that need to be answered before I pass along my nominations. I'll give you my answers then lead you to 3 amazing artists you will love visiting!

1. What am I working on?
     I have been so busy working on projects for Scrap n' Art magazine and can only share sneak peeks of my projects, but I have managed to play around on My Digital Studio and created some cute pages of my grandbabies recently. I've also just started an art journal and will share that as I create in it. Here is one of the digital pages I've done lately...



2. How does my work differ from others in its genre?
    My style is very eclectic and ever changing. I love color, mostly bright ones. I like many different crafts, from jewelry making, mixed media, floral arranging, scrapbooking/card making and home decor items. I even dabble in sewing :)

3. Why do I write/create what I do?
     I started blogging as a way to share and record my creations. I recently went back and read all my past posts and a flood of memories came back. I think, wow I created that 5 years ago? Seems like last week! lol. It is amazing to look back and see how my artwork has changed, but also how some things have stayed the same.

4. How does your writing/creating process work?
     I usually just write my blog posts like I was sitting down talking with a friend, because, well, I consider you all my friends!! As for my creating process, it really all depends on what I am creating. If I'm making something for the magazine, I start with the products and everything else just falls into place. If I'm creating something for myself or family and friends, I start with colors or themes that suit me or them and branch out from there. I also use Pinterest as a big source of inspiration. What I create very seldom turns out how I had originally envisioned, but I usually like it better when it's finished.

Now it's time for my nominees :)

1. Kristie Taylor at The Scrapinater
    Kristie is the most inspiring artist and the sweetest friend anyone could ask for. We had an instant connection when we met and I always tell her she is my crafty soul sister :) She is the new owner of
Scrap n' Art magazine and serves on the design teams for Art Anthology and Heartfelt Creations. Kristie creates the most amazing scrapbook pages and mixed media projects. She is an awesome teacher and loves to share her knowledge!! Check out all her projects on her blog. You will be blown away by all the little details in her creations :)

2. Gidget Douglas at All About the POP

      Gidget is such a sweet and amazing friend and very talented in a range of crafts. She scrapbooks, makes cards, jewelry and floral projects. She is one of the newest members of  Scrap n' Art magazine and we are so excited to have her join us! Be sure to check out all her awesome projects on her blog and become a follower so you don't miss a post!

3. Kathy Adams at Mixed Up Art

    Kathy is a sweet friend and an amazing mixed media artist. Her creations blow me away! She is not afraid of color and mixing elements together. Kathy is always so inspiring and shares her love of mixed media :) You have to go check out her blog and see what she can do with stencils and ink! Become a follower on her blog and get inspired every time she posts :)

I hope you enjoy visiting everyone's blog and come away with inspiration to create something fabulous! 
That's all from me today. I'll be back tomorrow with another digital project :) Until then...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

4 comments:

Kathy Adams said...

Thank you for your kind comments Lori! Here is the link to my blog:
http://kathyadamsmixedupart.blogspot.com

Kathy Adams said...

Thank you for your kind comments Lori! Here is the link to my blog:
http://kathyadamsmixedupart.blogspot.com

Kathy Adams said...

So cute!!! I didn't realize you do so much digital work. You will have to give me some pointers next time we get together.

lorrietori said...

Thanks Kathy! I LOVE creating digitally! and some of the graphics that designers are creating now are mind blowing!! I would be happy to share the little knowledge I have, hehehe (BIG SMILES!!)
~Lorrie