Friday, July 25, 2014

Here's a Sneak Peek

Thought I would share another sneak peak of one of the articles in July's issue of Scrap n' Art magazine! It just makes me so proud to be a fellow designer with all the great talent in this group!! Each month gets better and better!! Just when you think the projects can't get any more awesome, they do!! Here is a peak at the card that I created for a tutorial using Tsukineko irRESTible sprays and shaving cream. Check it out!! Click on the picture to take you to the tutorial :) (Disclaimer: there is a small subscription fee for the magazine, but it is well worth it!!)


I haven't done the shaving cream technique in some time, but really love the effect. I was looking back through some of my blog posts from a few years ago and forgot how many cool techniques I used to try. Some turned out great, some not so great, but I was always trying new ones. I used to post all my projects on Split Coast Stampers and was always looking for new things to try. I haven't posted anything on that site since 2012! It was fun looking back on my earlier projects to see how I have grown as a crafter in general.  I noticed that my style has changed some and that I am a lot more advanced than I used to be. I do still try new techniques, but not as often as I used to. I still love bright and happy colors, but I also love the shabby, messy, distressed look. I think I will make a list of the techniques that I really loved and try to use one in a project every week. What is your favorite technique? I would love to know!!
Well, that's all from me tonight. Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!


No comments: