Monday, June 2, 2014

Remembering My Sweet Friend

This past week has been kind of rough for me. I learned that my best friend since elementary school lost her 7 year battle to breast cancer. I am still a little numb. Janice was the kind of person who smiled all the time and never met a stranger. She was a fighter and was the strongest and most courageous person I know. When we were in school, we spent every weekend together, usually went to the skating rink or the movies and shared many secrets and so much laughter. When we were seniors in high school, her Mom got remarried and moved to another town. Janice moved in with us so she could graduate from our high school. She was one of my bridesmaids when I got married. I lost touch with her several times since high school, but we re-connected several years ago. I have not seen her in a couple of years, but we emailed each other often and talked some on Facebook. Tonight I went to pay my respects to her family and it was not easy. I know that Janice is not suffering anymore and that she has gone to be with Jesus. I cry for myself as I know I should have been a better friend. I should have been there for her more. But I know she knew that I love her, because we just had that kind of friendship. Rest in peace my sweet friend, until we meet again. I love you Janice!!




No comments: