Friday, June 6, 2014

Pink Umbrella

This past week has been a bit of an emotional roller coaster for me. My best friend of 36 years passed away after a 7 year long battle with breast cancer. Janice was one of the best people in the whole wide world. She was funny, caring, strong and never met a stranger. She had a smile on her face always, even at the end of her life. It breaks my heart thinking of her son losing his mom. My head tells me she is in no more pain, but my heart just wants her here on earth. That was my very low point this week. Today I made plans with a sweet friend of mine to go shopping tomorrow and then teach her how to make mesh wreaths. Can't wait to spend time with her after not seeing each other for a few months!! Then tonight, while out eating dinner with my mom, daughter and son, I ran into another sweet friend that I haven't seen in almost two years!! What blessings these two friends are and I just so happen to reunite with them after so long! God really opened my eyes and heart with the loss of Janice. Hold on tight to friendships and spend as much time with loved ones because tomorrow is not promised. Live life to the fullest, every minute of every day!! With that being said, I want to share one of the most precious girls in my life, my granddaughter Elizabeth. She is such a ham. This picture was taken before her uncle's wedding that she was a flower girl in. She was, I believe, just having fun playing with a pink umbrella :)


I created this digital page using the pink umbrella and her pink shirt as my jumping off point. The rest of the elements just sort of fell into place. I use My Digital Studio for all my digital pages and there are several features that I love!! One is that you can change a square or rectangular picture into a round shape. The other is that you can change the color of elements. For instance, the pink umbrella that is on the right side of the picture was originally blue and the pink fan shape behind the cluster of flowers on the bottom right was originally yellow. Pretty cool, huh? Now I know Photoshop probably has these awesome features, but I have not figured out Photoshop. It scares me to be honest. My Digital Studio was the first digital scrapbooking (well, ok, the only) program that I have ever used and so it's hard for this old dog to learn new tricks, lol.
Now that I have totally made this the longest post ever, I will leave you with this... a sneaky peak of my tutorial project in this month's Scrap n' Art online magazine :)

Click on the picture to go straight to the magazine article.
(please keep in mind that there is a small subscription fee, but it
is so worth all the inspiration you get each month!!)
That's gonna be all from me today!! Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: