Saturday, May 24, 2014

Wedding Invitation Preserved on a Canvas

My cousin's son got married a couple of weeks ago and for their wedding gift I preserved their wedding invitation on a canvas. I think it turned out pretty good! Hope they liked it :)


First, I prepped the 11x17 canvas with Gesso and painted it a pale pink. Then I applied Crackle Paint Medium over the entire canvas and after that dried, I painted a light green over it. To help speed up the crackling process, I dried it with a heat gun until I got the cracks I wanted. Next, using stencils, I sprayed some darker green and aqua sprays on the canvas. Once it was dry, I glued the invitation pieces that I had already mounted on patterned paper. The final touch was to add the decorative wood pieces that I got from Unique Laser Designs. I painted the wood pieces a light pink and distressed them a little.


You can see crackled effect in this picture. 



I've been busy getting all of my projects entered for the June issue of Scrap N' Art Online Magazine this week. Be sure to check out the May issue, too! Keep in mind that there is a small subscription fee but it is so worth it! You can also check out the Scrap N' Art blog HERE
I've also been finding lots of awesome digital downloads across the web this week and have created some pretty darn cute layouts of the grandbabies!! I'll share those this week :) 
We are gearing up for the last few days of school here. Dakota will be graduating from 8th grade next week!! High school here he comes! 
Stay tuned for pictures from graduation and other projects :) 
Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: