Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Rosette Birthday Card

While I was at the Scrappin' With the Law scrapbook event last weekend, I made some cards and this is one of them :)


The card base is Stampin' Up! Creamy Caramel, then a layer of Coral Cameo that I distressed the edges with a distressing tool and inked with tea stain ink pad. All the decorative papers used are Crate Paper. The next layer is inked around the edges with tea stain ink pad. The rosette was made using a Tim Holtz die cut and the center is a button and a flat back bead.


The sentiment is from Stampin' Up! and is stamped in brown on a piece of Crate Paper that was cut with a Papertrey Ink label die cut. The butterfly is a punch-out from Crate Paper. The ribbon is a white organza that I ink and used a heat gun to crinkle it. In the bottom left hand corner I added a row of bling and the final touch is Stickles applied to the butterfly, the flower and the sentiment label.


I have been working on my first assignments for Scrap n' Art Magazine this week!! It is so surreal to know that my creations will be published!! It is truly a dream come true :) I'll let y'all know when the next issue is released :)  I will share the other cards with y'all over the next few days. Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: