Thursday, March 6, 2014

Happily Ever After Card

Hey y'all!! I'm back with another card that I made last weekend :) I love the papers that I used for this card. Most of the card is made with We R Memory Keepers Storytime Hansel page and is actually just one double sided page. The piece with the cute little house came in a kit but I'm not sure of the name.


I made the flower with the paper from the Hansel piece and cut each layer out with scallop Spellbinders die cuts and two sizes Papertrey Ink die cuts. Now here comes a shocker: I used something non scrapbook/card making related on the flower. Can you guess what it is? Give up? It's a used dryer sheet! I've seen many people use them as accents on projects and it looks really cool, so of course I wanted to try it! I used them in between each flower layer. Pretty, huh? For the very top of the flower, I used a little plastic flower and a flat back dew drop. 


The sentiment "Happily Ever After" is part of the Hansel paper that I just cut out and notched to form a flag shape. All edges of each layer are distressed with a distressing tool and inked with a tea stain ink pad.


I made another card using some of the same paper and will share that with y'all soon. I better get off the computer and head to bed. Gotta get my son to school extra early for a field trip! Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!



No comments: