Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Stole My Heart Canvas

My uber awesome and talented friend Kristie Taylor of The Scrapinater blog did a canvas class at a crop a few weeks ago and of course I had to take it! But, I had to leave that crop early, but she saved a kit for me and walked me through the steps when we were at the weekend scrapbook retreat :) I changed mine up a bit, but it's still her design. You must go check out all of her projects, she is such an amazing artist!!
Here is my canvas :)


I made it so I could change out the picture if I want, so this is the canvas with out the picture. The canvas was prepped with gesso and then I attached crumpled tissue paper, let that dry and glued lace in random places. Then I added all sorts of items like puzzle pieces, chipboard shapes, buttons, flowers, etc. to the canvas. In the upper right hand corner, I drew wavy line with hot glue. After all the items (except the hearts) were glued down, everything was painted over with gesso, then sprayed with a blue/aqua and also a bronze/gold spray.


 The hearts were cut out of cardboard and the top layer of paper was removed to reveal the corrugated part of the cardboard, then attached the cardboard pieces using foam tape and hot glue. The sentiment was written on a piece of paper that had been sprayed with the same blue/aqua and bronze/gold sprays as the canvas and then each word cut out and glued to the heart. The little birds are wooden and sprayed with the aqua color, too. Love those birds!!


And here it is with my picture added using a little clothes pin that I sprayed with the blue/aqua spray :)


The picture is my two sweet grand babies!! Love them sooooo much and yes, those two have stolen my heart!! :)
I absolutely love how this turned out!! A big THANKS to Kristie for sharing her creative process!! I have been creating canvases for a while but have never used the sprays on them. I have already started another canvas so I can play around with the sprays again :) I have made some of my own sprays, too. I will share how to do that in a tutorial soon. It's really easy and very inexpensive, too :)
That's all from me today. Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: