Sunday, February 23, 2014

I Love Coffee.....



When I was at the Stamping/Scrapbook Show in Columbia last week, I found my way in the Technique Junkies booth and boy I knew I was in trouble. Well, I was in trouble when I stepped foot in the building, but we already knew that, lol. So, I'm looking through all the stamps they have and I spot one of the cutest stamps ever! I bought several other stamps from that booth, too. Today I was cleaning off my craft table and ran across a teacup that I had stamped and embossed a while back and thought it would be perfect for this stamp.


My card base and teacup papers are Stampin' Up! Creamy Caramel and all other papers are Crate Papers. The teacup from Stampin' Up! Tea Shoppe stamp set was stamped with Versamark and pink embossing powder, then cut out. Under the teacup is a strip of burlap.



I stamped the sentiment on a blue lacy print Crate Paper and cut out with the largest Delightful Doilies die cut from Papertrey Ink. The flowers were created cutting coordinating Crate Papers using a Spellbinders die cut. Under the flowers is a piece of lace that I folded in a fan shape and the swirl is a Sizzix die cut called Scribbles Swirls. There is also a piece of Stampin' Up! green ruffle ribbon and a flat back pearl behind the flowers. Along the bottom of the card, I added a piece of lace trim.


I did some stitching around the flower print layer with my sewing machine. I've missed making cards and really had fun making this one today. :) Here's one last look at it...


Today, I also continued working on the canvas piece that I started a couple of weeks ago. I applied Gesso and when it was almost dry I started adding colored sprays so I could get kind of a mottled effect. I want the canvas to look like a beach with the sand and the ocean and I think that I got the look I was after. Here it is after spraying the colors on. It's still wet, so I will work on it again tomorrow.


I spent part of the day cleaning and organizing because 1. the building is an absolute disaster area and 2. I am going to an all day crop next Saturday and wanted to be a little better organized for packing. While cleaning, I started a pile of things that I'm going to sell, too. I still need to take pictures of it all, but hope to have it posted on my Facebook page in the next few days. I need to get off this computer and get stuff ready for the work week. Until next time....
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: