Monday, February 3, 2014

Full Grapevine Wreath With Initial

I was asked to make two wreaths based on a Pinterest photo found here: (click on the photo to go to the pin)


Here is my version


I created the wreaths by attaching a 14 inch grapevine wreath to a larger grapevine wreath using floral wire. This helps give the wreath sort of a layered look. I purchased everything a Hobby Lobby and all the greenery and flowers were 50% off :)  I added all the greenery and flowers, but left a gap so I could add burlap. The greenery and flowers are just tucked between the grapevines and the burlap is attached with floral wire. The letter is was painted an aqua blue and attached with wire and then I wrapped some twine around it to hide the wire. Here is the second one. She will be hanging them on either side of her front door.


Here are some close-ups of the flowers and the letter



Before I added the burlap or the letters, I showed her the wreaths, but she wanted some extra contrast for the letter, so I suggested the burlap. Here is a picture of it before the burlap and letter :)


I will be delivering them today and really hope she likes them!! Tomorrow I will share one of the canvases I created last weekend at the Scrapbook Retreat :)
Until then....
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: