Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Enjoy the Little Moments Canvas

I gave my Mom an IOU for a canvas for Christmas and finally finished it :) This is another canvas that she can change out pictures if she wants.


I painted the canvas an aqua blue and glued crumpled tissue paper to the whole canvas. Next I rubbed a Tim Holtz Tea Stain ink pad over the canvas and also white washed in some places. On each side a adhered a half of a doily that I distressed with the tea stain ink. In the middle of the canvas, I added coordinating strips of designer papers in blue and yellow color scheme.


The flowers were die cut and distressed with the same tea stain ink and assembled using hot glue. The leaves are also die cut and distressed and then glued down. The pearl strand was adhered with hot glue and the little clothes pins are just clipped to the pearls. These will be what holds the picture on the canvas.


I added a tag to the left side under the flowers that has the number 3 on it and a little row of banner flags. When I create a piece that are about my kids, I use a 3 in it somewhere to represent the three of them. I tied a double bow to the tag with yellow scrunched seam binding. Here is the canvas with a picture attached.


That's my sweet three!! This picture is a few years old, but I still love it :)
I created another canvas while on a scrapbook retreat a couple of weekends ago. It's a pretty special canvas for a couple of reasons. The first reason is that my awesome friend Kristie designed it and did a class on it and the second reason is that my two sweet grand babies are on it :) I will share it tomorrow. Until then...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: