Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Big Butterfly Birthday Card

Hey y'all!!! I'm back with another card, this time a birthday one. I have a few birthdays in my family coming up, so I thought I better get on the ball making cards. Since I already had the Crate Papers out on my table and i just purchased the Big Butterfly stamp from Technique Junkies, the main elements for this card came together pretty easy.


The card base is Stampin' Up! Old Olive cardstock and then a layer of Crate Paper that I stitched around the edge of. The floral piece of Crate Paper was cut out with a Papertray Ink die cut, then  cut in half. I stamped the Big Butterfly with Versamark on pink print Crate Paper and then heat embossed with white embossing powder.


The larger flower was cut out of pink Crate Paper with a Spellbinders die cut and the smaller flowers are just some little pre-made flowers that I had in my stash. Under the flowers is a piece of lace and a little beaded spray.


The Happy Birthday stamp is from Stampin' Up! and is stamped in Timber Brown Stazon on pink Crate Paper and punched the bottom with a decorative punch. I applied Stickles around the edges of the Happy Birthday tag, on the Big Butterfly and on the flowers.


The final little detail is the three little flat back crystals that I added to the bottom right hand corner. I have a couple of more cards to make for birthdays and will be working on those in the next few days. This weekend I am attending an all day crop on Saturday and can't wait to spend time with some awesome ladies and meeting new friends.
I received some awesome news the other day, but I can't share it quite yet, but it's BIG!!! I'll fill you in as soon as I can :)
That's all from me tonight. Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: